While the 2022 redistricting round brought some dramatic changes to House maps across the country, the congressional boundaries of New Hampshire and Rhode Island still look nearly identical to the boundaries that have been in use for decades. Delaware, for its part, had only one House seat for its entire time as a state, except from 1813 to 1823. (Both members were elected statewide during that brief term, so there has never been a second congressional district. First state.)
Daily Cos polls have calculated the presidential results For all 435 House seats In the nation, which represents the 2020 race will do New lines have gone into place for this fall, and we’ve listed these figures in parentheses after each race below.
If you want to know how much population each new district gets from each old district, Please see our redistribution table. You can also view interactive maps from Dave’s Redistricting app New Hampshire And Rhode IslandNew congressional districts of
The first polls will close at 7 p.m. in parts of New Hampshire. Our live coverage will begin at 8pm ET Daily Kos selections When polls close in all of Delaware and Rhode Island, along with the rest of the state. You can too Follow us on Twitter For updates with a flash.
Each community can close their polls at 7pm or 8pm ET; can find a list of Here are poll closing times by town and region.
● NH-Sen (R) (53-45 Biden): Democratic Sen. Maggie Hassan faces a tough general election in a state prone to wild swings, but both parties are waiting to see if Republicans will jeopardize their chances with the nomination. Retired Army Brigadier General Donald Bolduc, who GOP Governor Chris Sununu Sloganized as A “conspiracy-theory fanatic” and “not a serious candidate.” Bolduc’s main cross-party opponent is state Senate President Chuck Morse, who Got the support of Sunu In the final days of the race.
Bolduc lost the 2020 primary for New Hampshire’s second Senate seat 50-42, and while he has raised quite a bit of money again, he seems to have retained the name recognition from that failed bid. Bolduc spent his second effort embracing the Big Lie and Blaming Sunnu of being a “Chinese Communist sympathizer” with a family business that “supports terrorism.” Two free choices Conducted in August showed Bolduc well ahead of Morse as the other nine candidates all trailed far behind.
However, those polls were taken just before deep-pocketed Republicans A multi-million dollar effort began To encourage Morse and Attack on Bolduc As a definite loser with “crazy ideas”. The Democratic group Senate Majority PAC, in turn, has mounted its own expensive advertising campaign. Connecting Morse with lobbyists, the aim is to weaken him for the general election if he cannot be stopped in the primaries. No major outside organization has stepped in to directly help Bolduc.
The only poll released in the last two weeks was a Democratic survey that found Bolduc Morse leads 33-23But with a heavy 25% is still uncertain.
● NH-01 (R) (52-46 Biden): Democratic Rep. Chris Pappas has 10 GOP opponents in an eastern New Hampshire constituency. Has been one of the swingiest seats for a long time In America, and national Republicans are spending big to support a familiar contender.
That man is 2020 nominee Matt Mowers, a former Trump White House aide who is seeking a rematch after that. Two years ago there was a 51-46 loss. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s allies About 3 million dollars spent To encourage mowers and Defeated his main opponentCarolyn Leavitt, Deny a choice Which is another alum of the Trump administration. a place calls Leavitt, Who is 25 years oldA “Wake Jen-Zer,” accompanied a Snapchat clip of the candidate laughing after a statement saying, “Listen up, ho bag.”
The field also includes former TV reporter Gayle Huff Brown, whose husband, former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown, Democratic Sen. shortly after moving north to the Granite State. Jean lost a close 2014 race to Shaheen. Huff Brown, who is running for the first time, has drawn no support or opposition from any major outside groups, although she gained attention late in the campaign for an ad in which she Called to protect abortion rights. State Rep. Tim Baxter and former executive councilor Russell Prescott are also involved, but have not received much notice.
Most polls have shown the Mowers well ahead of Leavitt, with the rest of the field stuck in the single digits. The late August survey, however, gave Leavitt the edge Only 26-24, with Huff Brown at 16%; However, these figures came before Mowers’ allies dramatically increased their costs.
● NH-02 (R) (54-45 Biden): While Democratic Rep. Anne Kuster has not been a serious target since winning re-election decisively during the 2014 red wave, with Republicans hoping for a head start in the district that spans the western and northern reaches of the state. Democrats, however, are trying to sway Republican voters to nominate former Hillsborough County Treasurer Robert Burns, who Finished fourth in the 2018 primaryOn George Hansel, Mayor of Keene.
Therefore, there is a democratic group Over $500,000 spent On the ad Promoting Burns as an enthusiastic Trump ally, however Hansel, Jo A self-described “pro-choice” candidate backed by Gov. Chris Sununu has also benefited from spending aimed at helping him advance. An independent poll taken in late August — before many of the ads aired — favored Burns At 32-18 As another 10% went to Lily Tang Williams, the 2016 Libertarian Party nominee for Senate in the … colorado.
Polls close at 8 PM ET, though there are no major statewide primaries to watch. Democratic Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester, who represents the entire state, has no cross-party opposition, and should have no trouble in November.
Pol Close at 8 PM ET.
● RI-Gov (D) (59-39 Biden): Dan McKee was elevated to the top job from lieutenant governor last March when Gina Raimondo resigned to become Joe Biden’s commerce secretary, and four fellow Democrats are challenging him for a full term. McKee, who has long been a strong supporter of charter schools, A primary challenge turned back Left by just a 51-49 margin when they were last on the ballot in 2018, but the new governor Still got support From several labor groups who had earlier tried to beat him up.
The only other statewide incumbent in the primary is Secretary of State Nellie Gorbea, who would be the state’s first Latina governor. Another well-funded contender is former CVS executive Helena Fowlkes, who has used her connections and personal wealth. Spend more than the rest of the region. Apart from this, former Secretary of State Matt Brown is also in the race, who Lost 57-34 to Raimondo in the 2018 primary But his second attempt has struggled to gain traction, and Dr. Luis Daniel Muñoz, who ran an independent bid for governor four years ago, garnered less than 2%. An independent poll from mid-August provided by McKee A narrow 28-25 advantage Above Gorbia, with Foulkes at 14%.
However, the survey was conducted before any of the three leading candidates aired attack ads in the final weeks. Gorbia first acted by reminding a business audience that the FBI has been investigating canceled education consulting contracts since McKee’s administration. However, that ad had to be edited because it was Originally quoted in an unrelated editorial In the right-wing National reviewand the governor Answered quickly By accusing Gorbia of “using extreme mega-republicans to launch false attacks.”
Foulkes tried to portray herself as above the fray, but she also went negative with a spot in the final days that drew both an FBI investigation and Guilt Gorbia For problems with Spanish-language ballots for this year’s primaries Affected 55 votes, an issue the Secretary of State blamed on Seller. McKee’s campaign and a pro-Gorbia group also spent the final days of the race portraying Foulkes as a ruthless businesswoman, though the two frontrunners have continued to attack each other as well.
The Democratic nominee will run against self-funding entrepreneur Ashley Callas, who faces no serious opposition of her own in the GOP primary.
● RI-02 (D) (56-42 Biden): Six Democrats in Western Rhode Island constituency Retiring Democratic Rep. Competing for Jim Langevin’s success is also home to West Providence. The winner will face a well-funded foe in former Cranston Mayor Alan Fung, who was the 2014 and 2018 Republican nominee for governor and has no cross-party opposition.
The Democratic frontrunner from the start has been state Treasurer Seth Magaziner, who has support from Langevin and several unions. Another well-funded opponent is Sarah Morgenthau, a former US Commerce Department official who, like Magaziner, Belongs to a prominent political family. Also included are Joe Fox, head of the communications firm, a former staffer at Langevin; Former State Rep. David Segal, who finished third in the 2010 primary for the neighboring First District; and two underfunded claimants.