If you own a cheap or uncomfortable (but still cheap) mattress and you are looking for a new one that is outside your budget, do not click on Buy yet! You can often make an uncomfortable, inexpensive mattress more comfortable for less than the price of a brand new luxury mattress. Here’s everything you need to know to save money and change your bed.
Cheap, inexpensive and luxurious mattresses on the market
The price of each mattress depends on the size and type (eg inner spring, foam, latex or hybrid). According to a study from 2021, the average price of a mattress for a queen is between $ 1,050 and $ 2,050. The price difference takes into account the type of mattress. The average Queen mattress with an inner spring is $ 1,050, the average Queen foam mattress is also $ 1,050 and the average Queen latex mattress is $ 2,000. Hybrid mattresses are the most expensive – the average queen costs $ 2,050.
Although this is the average price of a mattress, the levels of mattresses can be further subdivided, from “cheap” to “budget” to “luxury”. Here’s what you need to know.
What is a cheap mattress?
they are cheap and the mattress itself is often not load-bearing or comfortable. It may bend, be too firm or soft (especially for people sleeping on their backs and abdomen), or it may be made of poor quality materials. All in all, cheap mattresses rarely get you a good night’s sleep.
The advantage over cheap mattresses is the price. Regardless of the type, it is usually around $ 200 to $ 300.
What is a budget mattress?
Any beds like, or Casper Element are considered cheap beds – they are affordable but not cheap or of poor quality. Cheap beds often come in a box and work for most types of sleep.
Cheap mattresses are a step above cheap, flimsy mattresses and cost anywhere from around $ 350 and up.
What is a luxury mattress?
A luxury mattress is exactly what it sounds like – imagine a luxury hotel bed. These mattresses will be the most expensive and luxurious. So what makes a luxury mattress so special? Luxury mattresses are known for their features: quilted top layers, Euro-tops, variable phase materials and thick, thick layers.
According to a 2021 study, a luxury mattress with an inner spring can start at $ 1,200 and up, a luxury foam mattress from $ 1,300, a luxury hybrid from $ 2,200 and a luxury latex from $ 2,500.
Luxury mattresses are marketed as the most comfortable beds that can be bought for money. However, this may not always be the case. You can take a cheap mattress and turn it into a comfortable, luxurious mattress.
What can you do with your mattress to make it more comfortable?
The good news is that you don’t have to sleep long on an uncomfortable or cheap mattress. Fortunately, there are many accessories available at many online retailers or retailers that sell sleep-related products (such as Amazon, Walmart, and Target).
Take your cheap or inexpensive bed a few steps towards a luxurious mattress with these added sleeping accessories. Consider investing in the following items.
The most common and often most effective way to transform an uncomfortable mattress is to use a mattress cover. This accessory is a thick (usually 2 to 4 inches) layer of foam or feathers that is placed on top of the mattress to change the feel and support of the bed. The most popular mattresses are often made of memory foam.
While it may be the most expensive accessory on this list, it can drastically change any bed. Tempur-Pedic, GhostBed, Puffy, Allswell and Saatva are some of the brands that offer quality mattress covers.
The mattress is thinner than the topper and is designed to protect the mattress from dirt, stains or damage from pets. Mattress pads give your bed another layer of comfort consisting of latex foam, fibers or feathers. Mattress pads are relatively inexpensive and are available at many large retailers. You will get the best results if you use it in combination with the top material on the mattress – this is a real revolution.
Yourschange the feeling of your mattress when you lie on it. Scratched sheets or sheets that are not designed for hot sleepers (such as cotton) make sleeping a little harder. If you really want to increase the game on the mattress, sheets are a good place to start. Take a look at linen, bamboo, silk, fiber or cotton and decide what suits you best.
Brooklinen, Sheets and Giggles and Ettitude offer quality, luxurious sheets for mattresses of any size.
In addition to your sheets, yoursThey also determine the comfort and feel of your mattress. Poor, thin or otherwise unsupported pillows only increase discomfort. Take the time to look for full, fluffy pillows to support your neck. It is recommended to change the pillows every one to two years. Casper, Nectar and Purple offer pillows for hot sleepers, memory foam lovers and those who suffer from neck pain.
For the best results of transforming your cheap or uncomfortable mattress, I recommend investing in all four accessories.
Important tips for transforming your mattress
Neither mattresses nor sleepers are made the same. Here are some tips to keep in mind when deciding what to add to a mattress.
- Know your sleeping position: Your mattress may be uncomfortable because it is not designed for your sleeping position (stomach, back, hip or combination). Investigate the intended type of sleep in your bed or consider converting a new cheap mattress.
- If you sleep hot, get a gel or latex : Latex does not absorb as much heat as regular memory foam. GhostBed manufactures foam toppers for hot sleepers. Also consider sheets that dissipate heat.
- If you don’t like memory foam, there are mattress cover options for you: Brands like PlushBeds offer mattress covers made of natural latex or even some made entirely of feathers. Latex foam has a higher buoyancy than memory foam, so you won’t get as deep into the mattress as you would with memory foam.
- If you require a stiffer mattress, there are mattress cover options for you: While they may not be as abundant as soft memory foam mattress covers, hard covers are available from brands such as Puffy, Avocado and Brooklyn Bedding.
- Not all pillows are the same: Pay attention to the pillows you buy, because not every pillow is made for your type of sleep. For example, Tempur-Pedic’s Tempur-Cloud pillow is strictly designed for sleeping on the back and abdomen. If you sleep on your side, Tempur-Pedic recommends other pillows, such as the Tempur-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow.
Is a mattress cheap and comfortable for you?
Your sleep is important and the mattress you choose to sleep on is essential. Why suffer the next night when you have the opportunity to change your mattress at home without having to buy a new one?
Maybe it’s time to transform your old mattress if:
- You always wake up in the middle of the night because of the mattress.
- You will not be interested in your bed or the quality of sleep.
- Your sheets, pillows or other sleeping accessories are old, worn or too thin.
- If you are not interested in repairing an old mattress, there is always the option to upgrade and buy a new one.
A cheap but newer comfortable mattress might be best for you if:
- You are looking for a new mattress and you do not want to exceed your budget.
- You like mattress covers with memory, latex or gel foam (although wool, feather and fiber variants are also available).
- Paying $ 350 or more for a medium mattress is out of your budget.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as medical or medical advice. Always consult your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider for any questions regarding your medical condition or health goals.